[usocket-devel] Patch for backend/lispworks.lisp

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 18:49:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Chun Tian (binghe)
<binghe.lisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Erik
>

>> Absolutely, you're right on both accounts. However, if you don't mind,
>> I'd rather replace the mapcar invocations with dolist forms: they're
>> non-consing.
>
> OK, and thanks for fast response.

Committed to trunk just a few moments ago. If you have any further
remarks, please don't hesitate to say so.

> By the way, are you still interesting in my UDP patch? Some people hope my
> UDP work can be merged into USOCKET.

Absolutely, but I've gotten swamped by some other work lately, meaning
I'm just now getting back to usocket and other projects. I'll try to
work on it in the next weeks: there's also the wait-for-input branch
(0.4.x) to work on and get into releasable state.

There's a problem with that branch however: Hans Huebner said that the
wai-for-input function consed too much for ITA to be usefull.

Hans, if you're reading this, could you elaborate? Doug Crosher
submitted ideas for other APIs which would cons less, however, do you
have an analysis of what is wrong with the current API or code?

Bye,

Erik.