[usocket-devel] Re: usocket backend/allegro.lisp

Erik Huelsmann e.huelsmann at gmx.net
Sun Jan 21 14:18:17 UTC 2007

> Ah, I see that this file is fixed in the subversion repository --- at
> least to the extent that it loads correctly.

You mean cl-irc still doesn't work for you?

Yes, cl-irc works with SBCL: I have a 0.8.0 image running for some time now and haven't seen any problems.

As far as documentation on the functions in allegro.lisp: for all methods and most functions, there's documentation in usocket.lisp. If that's insufficient, no problem, but I'll need directions on what's unclear so I can add it.

Looking at the sources, usocket doesn't account for the case when a NIL socket is returned by Allegro. I guess usocket should return NIL when Allegro does (and cl-irc should take into account NIL is a valid return value signalling 'no socket').

Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong so that no socket was created?

bye,

Erik.
PS: Thanks for the report. Could you CC the mailing list too? I read that more often than this mail-address.
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail