[usocket-devel] is usocket in active development?

Erik Huelsmann e.huelsmann at gmx.net
Sat Sep 9 22:16:35 UTC 2006

> hello,
> I have written a library for fastcgi. At the moment it only works
> with sbcl (and propably ecl). Because I'm using the sbcl socket-api.
>
> Now I want to port the library to a portable socket-api. I found
> usocket library on cliki.net. It seems to be really nice especially
> after trivial-socket isn't maintained anymore. But the last changes
> to the svn where made about 3 month ago and there is only one release
> in a very early stage.
>
> So my question is: Is usocket maintained and developed at the moment
> or is the project dead? Would it be save for me to use usocket in my
> library?

Yes it is safe for you to use usocket. While my development is not the most constantly over time - I've been contributing to cl-irc, abcl, usocket, alexis (http://hix.nu/svn-public/alexis/), Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/) and others - I'm almost always here to commit fixes if you have any, or even better: to discuss how to proceed development. (Contributions very welcome!)

The only problem with my goals is that it's a lot of work to find the comonalities and make a usable interface from that. It's not impossible, not even hard, just a lot of work.

Hope that answers your questions?

bye,

Erik.