[toronto-lisp] Lisp & Haskell

Bryce Moore bryce.moore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 05:04:33 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Christopher:  The Toronto Lisp Users Group's (TLUG) monthly meeting
place has been closed down.

Lispers:  Christopher has been organizing a Haskell / functional
programming night once a month at the hacklab. (hacklab.to)

Maybe you could both could join forces?  I know it's not perfectly
ideal, but I think that it would be a good meeting of like minded
people.

If I'm not mistaken, the TLUG meets on the first Tuesday of every
month.  Unfortunately, that's the hacklab's open house.

Again, if I'm not mistaken, the Haskell group has been meeting on the
first Wednesday of every month.

Christopher: Would it be possible to hold a Functional Programming
Users Group on the first Wednesday of every month, and include the
Lispers?

Lispers:  Would meeting on the first Wednesday of every month at the
hacklab be okay?

(Yes, I know that Lisp doesn't imply functional programming - but
maybe non-functional Lispers could be made welcome?)

(And yes, I'm just throwing this out there.)

As an aside:  I think fans of Dave Cooper's GDL / Genworks might be
interested in Chritopher's ImplicitCAD:
https://github.com/colah/ImplicitCAD

Sorry if this is unwelcome / doesn't work out.  I just thought it
might be a natural fit.

Cheers,

--
Bryce Moore