[toronto-lisp] Meeting Mar 1

Vish Singh vishvajitsingh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 04:50:42 UTC 2011

I did not make too many notes this time - sorry - but here are a few
of the items discussed:

- Language Agnostic blog, by Leo: http://langnostic.blogspot.com/
- discussion of post "Writing C in Lisp"
- discussion of Hunchentoot web servers with nginx as an intermediary
for serving static content

- discussion of the now-famous RIM rant:
http://blog.jamiemurai.com/2011/02/you-win-rim/
- also, a follow-up post: http://blog.jamiemurai.com/2011/02/rim-rant-follow-up/

- presentation about using Scheme on the iPhone:
http://www.slideshare.net/jlongster/the-scheme-language-using-it-on-the-iphone
- discussion about whether Apple could detect from your compiled
binary if you were sending S-expressions over the network to be
evaluated by an app (which would violate their developer agreement)
- worth noting that, while the above is disallowed by Apple, you could
do it easily within a web-app using Javascript

Vish