[toronto-lisp] Meeting Mar 1

Paul Tarvydas tarvydas at visualframeworksinc.com
Tue Mar 1 19:56:16 UTC 2011

Unfortunately, I'm well under the weather and won't be attending tonight.

Dave Cooper is interested in skyping in again.  If someone could bring a laptop with a full size screen, Dave could do a skype screen-share and demo his GDL product - which is a very interesting bundled product consisting of Allegro plus a bunch of in-house and 3rd party libraries that creates custom CAD-like engineering environments for various industries (for example, the automotive industry).

Dave's email is: david.cooper at genworks.com .  Let him know if this can be accommodated.

I'm not sure that I heard this factoid mentioned - Dave is a board member of the ALU.  We should be picking his brains on all issues lisp.

He also suggests an interesting list of potential topics:

1. Give a GDL presentation and demo

 2. Talk about software licensing: commercial, open-source, dual.

 3. ILC, ECLM, other larger Lisp meetings (who would attend and why)

 4. Common Lisp Foundation, ALU, and funding issues.

 5. Library initiatives (Quicklisp, LibCL, Lispbox, and similar).

Please post a summary of the meeting for those of us too sick to show up :-).

pt