[toronto-lisp] I'm moving away.. transfer of responsibilities

Vish Singh vishvajitsingh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 05:32:53 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm moving to California to start a new job soon. I'll be at the video
games company I talked about in a post to this mailing list, way back
in April 2009 (two years ago!):
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/toronto-lisp/2009-April/000238.html

I'm really looking forward to working at this company as it's the
first time I'll be able to work with Lisp professionally. I'll be sure
to keep you guys posted on any interesting Lisp stuff that the company
makes public; e.g. through Game Developers Conference presentations or
whitepapers. Here's one such presentation (40MB download):
http://www.gameenginebook.com/gdc09-statescripting-uncharted2.pdf

Unfortunately this means tomorrow's meeting will be the last I'll be
able to attend for a long time. Thanks for all the great discussions
over the years. I've had a great time and learned a lot of cool Lisp
stuff. I'm sad to be leaving, and I'll try to keep in touch as best I
can.

It'd be cool if one or more people would be interested in taking over
various functions for the group.

1. taking meeting minutes
It's optional, but it can be very helpful for people who miss a
meeting or are living away and cannot attend meetings at all.
Just write it up and mail it to the list after the meeting.. anyone can do this.

2. taking care of lisptoronto.org
Contact me if you're interested and I'll give you access to the site
and tell you how I usually update it. It's on Google Sites, and the
domain name is owned by Telman Yusupov. I always meant to get this
hosted on some kind of Lisp webserver, but never got around to setting
it up. It would be a fun project.

3. taking care of github.com/vishsingh/lisp-toronto repo
Of course, anyone can just fork this repo and decide to be the new
maintainer. Just update the link on lisptoronto.org to point to the
new forked repo. This repo is useful to hold source code and other
files related to meetings.

See you tomorrow!

All the best,
Vish