[toronto-lisp] Code Retreat Toronto 2009 (August 8th)

Michael DiBernardo mikedebo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:56:38 UTC 2009

Code Retreat Toronto
Hosted by J.B. Rainsberger and Novell/PlateSpin Canada
August 8, 2009

J.B. Rainsberger and Novell/PlateSpin Canada will be hosting a code
retreat on August 8th, 2009.

What is a code retreat?
- It is an event where we "[bring coders together to code], and then
discuss only the things that emerge from that code." [1]
- For more details, see http://tinyurl.com/lr395d

Where is it?
- The event is at the Novell/PlateSpin office in Toronto.
- The address is 340 King Street East, Suite 200, Toronto, ON.
- See the map at http://tinyurl.com/platespin

When is it?
- We'll start with breakfast at 8:30am.
- We expect to go until around 5pm, at which point we'll head over to
a local pub to unwind a little.

How much does it cost?
- Nothing but your time.

What do we bring?
- We can't supply machines, so please bring your laptop. That's about
all you'll need.

What do we get?
- Breakfast and lunch will be supplied.
- There will also be free coffee, soft drinks, and snacks available.

Do I need to RSVP?
- YES. If you are going to attend PLEASE EMAIL MIKE DIBERNARDO at
mikedebo at gmail.com.
- Use the subject "Code Retreat 2009".
- We may be overbooked, so the RSVP is required to determine headcount.

Who is the host, exactly?
- J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger is a Canadian software development
consultant and technology writer. [2]
- He is the author of JUnit Recipes : Practical Methods for Programmer
Testing, and was the recipient of the Gordon Pask Award in 2005.

Anything else?
- You can view J.B.'s video invite at http://www.vimeo.com/5429547

I have a question!
- Please send any questions you might have to mikedebo at gmail.com.