[toronto-lisp] Factor notes, and website discussion

Telman Yusupov lisp at yusupov.com
Tue Feb 10 00:13:57 UTC 2009

Hi all,

- The paper that I mentioned is called "Out of the tar pit" and is available
here http://web.mac.com/ben_moseley/frp/paper-v1_01.pdf. The paper addresses
the issue of software complexity and management of state is cited as the
single largest contributor to complexity of software systems.

- If I'm in town next month (there's a possibility that I'll be away on a
consulting engagement), I'll be glad to do a presentation on Clojure.

- I wholeheartedly agree on the need for the website and ready to provide
the domain www.lisptoronto.org (name patterned after www.lispnyc.org)

Currently, it is hosted at Google
Sites<http://www.google.com/sites/help/intl/en/overview.html>for free.
Google Sites seems to be a nice web-based app that can serve needs
of the group well: it works as a wiki and allows addition of file
attachments, widgets (Google calendars, photo albums, spreadsheets and some
others).

Please let me know if hosting it there is ok with everyone interested.
- If yes, then I'll add anyone who request to the list of site operators,
effectively turning it into a wiki where anyone on the list can add/change
stuff.
- If not, we can host it anywhere else.

Cheers,

Telman