[toronto-lisp] Clojure success story

Vishvajit Singh vishvajitsingh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 20:40:24 UTC 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/4e2b193812c59bdb/9203e07d197dbd29?hl=en#9203e07d197dbd29
http://www.infoq.com/articles/flightcaster-clojure-rails

This is an inspiring story of the use of Clojure along with many other
technologies to build a flight delay prediction tool
(flightcaster.com).

Read it through.. it's quite the hacker's dream:

Hadoop + Cascading + Amazon EC2/S3 + Ruby on Rails (Heroku) + Clojure

Who wouldn't love to work on something like this?

I wonder if Clojure is superseding Common Lisp as the "handyman's
Lisp". I've been using it recently to toy around with various AI ideas
I've had for a while, and I'm rather enjoying the elegance and clarity
of the language.

Has anyone else been working with Clojure this month?

Regards,
Vish