[toronto-lisp] Next meetup :o August 7th?

Brian Connoy BConnoy at morrisonhershfield.com
Thu Jul 24 13:26:50 UTC 2008

I could likely do a talk on a sample "production rules" system prepared in KnowledgeWorks. The sample treats the classic "Monkeys and Bananas" problem in AI (not that monkeys have much trouble with bananas!).

KnowledgeWorks is a feature of the LispWorks Enterprise edition. While not a look at Common LISP directly, we'd be looking at an interesting extension built atop CL and CLOS. More interesting is the declarative programming model the sample embodies.

I'd actually started to prepare a quick talk during the last meet, but hit a snag. My laptop appeared to lack a driver needed to work correctly with an external monitor. I'll have to resolve that first.

Brian C.

p.s.  Nevertheless, I'm ever hungry for Emacs knowledge and wouldn't object to a bit of brow-beating from Rudolf.