[toronto-lisp] September meetup and interesting projects

Michael DiBernardo mikedebo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 01:31:26 UTC 2008

On 24-Aug-08, at 3:38 PM, Rudolf wrote:
> Has anyone worked with Smalltalk or C#? What are they like compared to
> Common Lisp and Scheme?

I'm new to the group, but...

I'm working in C# and toying with F# right now. (I have some weak
experience in OCaml.) C# is for the day job, though. Not sure how
interesting a comparison to Scheme would be, really, since the
distance between C# and Java isn't _that_ profound, IMO.

-Mike

P.S. I've always wondered why more meetup groups don't arrange to
work on a project _together_. Some folks in the Vancouver Python
group used to do things like this on occasion -- as well as
organizing hack-a-thons and hands-on sessions -- and those were
always great fun.