Another session problem

Nicolas Neuss neuss at scipolis.de
Fri Mar 21 04:13:54 UTC 2014

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Nicolas Neuss <neuss at scipolis.de> wrote:
>>         ProxyRequests     Off
>>         ProxyPass /wissen http://localhost:8002
>>         ProxyPassReverse /wissen http://localhost:8002
>
> I'd replace /wissen with /wissen/ and :8002 with :8002/ in both cases.
> That's what I do in my apps.  (But then URLs ending in ".../wissen"
> won't work anymore if that's a problem for you.  (Which you could in
> turn fix with mod_rewrite, hehe...))

I tried this just now.  However, the behavior stayed the same, so I
reverted that change.

> Otherwise, as Hans already said, set *REWRITE-FOR-SESSION-URLS* to NIL
> if you don't need cookie-less sessions.

Yes, this helps.  Thank you (and thank you Hans).

> That would be two possible sources for errors.
>
> (And, yes, Hunchentoot indeed adds the ACTION parameter.  This
> behavior is controlled by url-rewrite:*url-rewrite-fill-tags* but you
> won't see it anymore if you set the variable mentioned above to NIL.)

OK.  Of course, I would prefer to have it working also for those who
forbid cookies.  But I guess that there won't be many such people
nowadays.

[I had found the *url-rewrite-fill-tags* and the place where it was used
in url-rewrite.lisp already.  But the code following is quite opaque to
me, i.e. I didn't yet see where the slashed value

'/admin-login?nr=4&hunchentoot-session=17997%3A98C123D51D88E2BDBD28DC2E00D16E42'

for the "action" parameter which I mentioned in my previous post is
generated.  Now I think I found it: it is (REQUEST-URI *REQUEST*) in the
function ADD-COOKIE-VALUE-TO-URL in hunchentoot/misc.lisp.]

Nicolas

P.S.: It's 5 am here.  I could not sleep so I looked at this again, but
      now I'll try to take another nap until I really have to get up.