[hunchentoot-devel] Encoding problem

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 14:18:03 UTC 2010

Nicolas,

I'd use Wireshark or another packet sniffing tool to capture the
request as it is exchanged between Apache and Hunchentoot.  In that
capture, it would be obvious what encoding would be used for the
headers.  Lacking that, you could also try setting
HUNCHENTOOT:*HEADER-STREAM* to *STANDARD-OUTPUT* or a stream of your
liking and inspect its contents.  Using an external sniffer would be
safer in that you'd know that nothing has processed the headers,
though.

Given that you already speculated at the wrong encoding used in an
environment variable that Apache uses, why don't you change that to
use proper RFC2047 encoding?

-Hans