[hunchentoot-devel] Session Time Out - HELP!

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Wed May 19 13:57:54 UTC 2010

Phil,

I don't have an explanation for the behavior that you describe.  If I
had the problem, I'd look at HTTP header traces (to see if the session
cookie has an unexpected expiration), trace some more functions (those
that call SESSION-TOO-OLD-P in particular) and the like.  The problem
could also be related to some header rewriting HTTP proxy in between,
but all that is only speculation.

I'd also make an experiment with an out-of-the-box Hunchentoot and the
hunchentoot-test package:  I'd play around with various
*SESSION-MAX-TIME* settings to see whether the behavior is as expected
in an isolated setting.  From there, I'd try to find out how the
production environment differs.

It is certainly possible that Hunchentoot does not work, but I'm kind
of reluctant to assume that given the little evidence and analysis
that is available in your case.

-Hans