[hunchentoot-devel] Session Time Out - HELP!

Phil Marneweck zaries at global.co.za
Wed May 19 13:13:43 UTC 2010

Thanx for the speedy feedback.

I had to wait to for an opportune moment to shut down hunchentoot on my
live server.

Steps

1. I restarted it with the *session-gc-frequency* (5000) and
*session-max-time* (3600) values I wanted (before I creating any
acceptors).

2. Logged into my application and then left the system for 15 minutes,
it timed out when I tried to resume.

3. I then placed a trace on HUNCHENTOOT::SESSION-TOO-OLD-P as suggested
and it comes back with a NIL, I pushed the system to make more than 50
new sessions.

4. I logged in again and left the system for 15 minutes and again it
timed out when I tried to resume. All this time
HUNCHENTOOT::SESSION-TOO-OLD-P is returning NIL.

I know I am grasping at straws now, but could the *SESSION-MAX-TIME* not
working have something to do with the fact that the client and the
server are in different time zones? If I run the server on my
development box the session does not time out like on the server.

Regards
Phil