[hunchentoot-devel] UTF-8 encoding problems

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Wed Apr 14 11:13:53 UTC 2010

Quoth Andrey Moskvitin <archimag at gmail.com>:
> (setf hunchentoot:*hunchentoot-default-external-format* hunchentoot::+utf-8+)

Damn! This time it is making a difference :)  Thanks.

I tried setting this variable (without success) when I wrote to this list about
the evaluation-versus-load'ing oddity a while back:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.lib.tbnl.general/2523

I was also told:

 "As explained in the documentation, the special variable
 *HUNCHENTOOT-DEFAULT-EXTERNAL-FORMAT* is used when computing the /request/
 object.  As you said, it doesn't have an effect on the reply."

Hence I didn't try it again this time round.

If it's only used to compute the request object, why is it now helping with
(some of) my UTF-8 replies?

Seb
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.