[hunchentoot-devel] COMET with Hunchentoot?

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:01:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 18:04, Slawek Zak <slawek.zak at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is possible, but handle-incomming-connection is now in fact a thin
> wrapper around process-connection which does all the work, thus having
> process management depend on request contents requires one to patch or
> rewrite process-connection to simply avoid reading request data which have
> been read already.

I did not mean to say that it would be possible without changing
Hunchentoot.  In fact, I meant to say that the interaction between
PROCESS-CONNECTION and PROCESS-REQUEST would need to be rewritten.  I
have no current plans to do this, as I don't need the feature.  If you
plan on doing it, looking at http://weitz.de/patches.html and
discussing the details of the proposed API here will increase the
likeliness that it will end up in Hunchentoot itself.

-Hans