[hunchentoot-devel] Current development

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri May 30 10:01:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:48:45 +0000, Travis Cross <tc at travislists.com> wrote:

> I don't have to search; I was probably the one who brought it up
> first (only once though).  At that time, the answer was that there
> was going to be no public version control at all.  One of the
> reasons given was related to the need for offline operation.
> Another was consideration of Windows support.  And finally, as I
> recall, was the consideration that managing version control would
> mean more time spent maintaining the project.

The reasons are still the same.  Hans and I are currently joining
efforts because Hans had suggested a bunch of changes (that we had
talked about before) and I used his activities as an excuse to work on
a redesign of Huchentoot that I had planned for some time.  Some of
these changes are pretty radical and they "span" several libraries at
once, so it would have been tricky to release them piecemeal and we
thought it might make sense to show the work in progress so people can
play with it already.

Once the dust has settled a bit, I'll very likely return to private
version control and regular (deemed-stable) releases for the reasons
you correctly enumerated above.