[hunchentoot-devel] Current development

Travis Cross tc at travislists.com
Fri May 30 09:48:45 UTC 2008

Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:24:02 +0000, Travis Cross <tc at travislists.com> wrote:
>
>> If we're going to start using public version control for 'Ediware'
>> libraries, may I gently suggest that a distributed VCS might be a
>> better fit for the project.
>
> The short answer is no.  For a longer answer please search the mailing
> list.  This has been discussed ad nauseam before.

Not a problem. :)

I don't have to search; I was probably the one who brought it up first
(only once though).  At that time, the answer was that there was going
to be no public version control at all.  One of the reasons given was
related to the need for offline operation.  Another was consideration of
Windows support.  And finally, as I recall, was the consideration that
managing version control would mean more time spent maintaining the project.

So I was a bit surprised to see the introduction of a seemingly public
and permanent version-controlled repository for hunchentoot that doesn't
support offline operation and has a relatively high management
complexity (SVN).

That's why I brought up git.  Things looked to have changed.  I wasn't
looking to kick a dead horse. :)

Cheers,

-- Travis