[hunchentoot-devel] CCL/OpenMCL and WITH-TIMEOUT

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Feb 18 16:28:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:15:39 +0100, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:39:40 +0100, "Hans Hübner" <hans at huebner.org> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here have sentiments regarding WITH-TIMEOUT?  If not,
>> I'd propose that WITH-TIMEOUT be totally removed from Hunchentoot.
>
> Not that I'm totally against it, but what's the reason?  Right now,
> I'm seeing it as a kind of stopgap solution for Lisps without stream
> timeouts.  If you don't have /any/ timeouts, you're pretty prone to
> DoS attacks, aren't you?

Although, having thought about this for the duration of another
cigarette, I tend to think that it's probably not so elegant and clear
to mix stream timeout mechanisms and "other" timeouts.  Yeah, maybe we
should get rid of this and rely on the streams to take care of that.
Might also increase pressure on the implementations which don't have
it yet.