[hunchentoot-devel] Uploaded files are sometimes incomplete

Viktor Leis viktor.leis at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 09:48:06 UTC 2007

2007/5/24, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de>:

> On Wed, 23 May 2007 16:56:54 +0200, "Viktor Leis" <
> viktor.leis at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > when using Hunchentoot with SBCL on debian behind mod_lisp and
> > Apache 1 for video file uploading, the uploads randomly fail (the
> > file is incomplete). Warning on the server: WARNING: 28369838 octets
> > of stray data after form-data sent by client.
> >
> > This happens most of the time if the server is on the same machine
> > as the uploading browser, less often if the server is on a different
> > machine in the LAN and only sometimes if the upload goes through the
> > internet. Using Apache2 seems to fix the problem. Any ideas what the
> > problem may be?
>
> Hmm, hmm, hmm.  I seem to remember I had the same problem some time
> ago but couldn't really resolve it.  (Or maybe I could, dunno.  My age
> shows...)
>
> Anyway, what I /think/ is happening is that for some reason when the
> stream is read character by character within the RFC2388 library, Lisp
> at some point (and this is non-deterministic unfortunately) believes
> that it is done with the stream (EOF) although it shouldn't.
>
> So, this only happens with mod_lisp and Apache 1 for you?  Are you
> using the newest version of mod_lisp?  Can you reproduce it with
> stand-alone Hunchentoot?  Which OS are you on?  If it's Linux, what
> kernel are you using?

Yes, I have only observed this behavior with Apache 1, which is
unfortunately my prefered platform. Also stand-alone Hunchentoot seems
to work fine. I'm using debians mod_lisp in version 2.43 which is the
newest version I think. I'm using the standard debian linux kernel in
version 2.6.18 and the newest SBCL.

Bye,
Viktor