[hunchentoot-devel] Uploaded files are sometimes incomplete

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu May 24 07:47:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007 16:56:54 +0200, "Viktor Leis" <viktor.leis at googlemail.com> wrote:

> when using Hunchentoot with SBCL on debian behind mod_lisp and
> Apache 1 for video file uploading, the uploads randomly fail (the
> file is incomplete). Warning on the server: WARNING: 28369838 octets
> of stray data after form-data sent by client.
>
> This happens most of the time if the server is on the same machine
> as the uploading browser, less often if the server is on a different
> machine in the LAN and only sometimes if the upload goes through the
> internet. Using Apache2 seems to fix the problem. Any ideas what the
> problem may be?

Hmm, hmm, hmm.  I seem to remember I had the same problem some time
ago but couldn't really resolve it.  (Or maybe I could, dunno.  My age
shows...)

Anyway, what I /think/ is happening is that for some reason when the
stream is read character by character within the RFC2388 library, Lisp
at some point (and this is non-deterministic unfortunately) believes
that it is done with the stream (EOF) although it shouldn't.

So, this only happens with mod_lisp and Apache 1 for you?  Are you
using the newest version of mod_lisp?  Can you reproduce it with
stand-alone Hunchentoot?  Which OS are you on?  If it's Linux, what
kernel are you using?

Sorry, but I don't really have a satisfying answer right now...

Cheers,
Edi.