[hunchentoot-devel] Re: [flexi-streams-devel] Flexi-streams test suite failing on OpenMCL

Tiarnan O'Corrain ocorrain at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:12:36 UTC 2007

Hi Edi--

> I don't have enough
> time to dig into this, so if nobody steps up to resolve the issues
>with OpenMCL, I'll remove OpenMCL support from Hunchentoot for now.

The nuclear option?  I recall hunchentoot working on OpenMCL a few months
ago -- I was using it for some development (deployment to be on FreeBSD/cmucl),
without any problems.  Then the Mac got sick for a while, and when I
got it back,
hunchentoot was broken.

The unfortunate upshot of this (for me, at least), is that hunchentoot
will no longer
be deployable on a free Mac lisp, as SBCL/Mac doesn't have threading, and
CMUCL/Mac is missing the multiprocessing package.

I'll try it out on the version you suggested later on today -- I'm
using Mac OS X
10.4, so perhaps that has something to do with it.  Another possibility would be
to ask Gary Byers on the OpenMCL mailing list -- I'll do that when I
get a chance
to look at the problem in more detail.

Thanks,

Tiarnán