[hunchentoot-devel] Can't write to FD-STREAM: Broken pipe

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri May 11 19:45:03 UTC 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:57:20 -0400, Slava Akhmechet <coffeemug at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking through the Hunchetoot log and occassionally I see the
> following messages:
>
> [2007-05-11 14:50:37 [ERROR]] Error while processing connection:
>                                      couldn't write to
>                                      #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a
>                                      constant string" {BA242B1}>:
>                                      Connection reset by peer
>
> [2007-05-11 14:50:37 [ERROR]] Error while processing connection:
>                                      couldn't write to
>                                      #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a
>                                      constant string" {BDF02B1}>:
>                                      Broken pipe
>
> I don't see any problems in the browser, I only found out about
> these messages because I looked at the log. Can someone think of a
> situation in which these errors would occur without interrupting
> user experience and why?

The user pressed "Stop" or went to another website before the page
(including all images and other stuff) was fully loaded.  "Broken
pipe" and "Connection reset by peer" are pretty common error messages
you'll find (for example) in every Apache logfile - this is nothing
specific to Hunchentoot or Lisp.

HTH,
Edi.