[hunchentoot-devel] resurrect tbnl's debug-value macro?

Mac Chan emailmac at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:39:06 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> However, can't you have the same result if you add (BREAK) to your
> empty handler and set *CATCH-ERRORS-P* to NIL?  I think that
> *CATCH-ERRORS-P* is a superior replacement to *DEBUG-MODE* as you
> don't have to rely on your clients to not send more than one request.

You are right. If I were to debug a problem, *CATCH-ERRORS-P* and
break would be sufficient.

And I lied, I didn't use the REPL all that often :-)

It's ok for a simple function call but for sexp > 2 level deep I
prefer to use slime-scratch or work in the buffer directly and send
sexp with C-x C-e. It is much easier this way because I dont need to
recall history from the REPL and I have paredit and all the emacs
goodies that don't work in the REPL.

What really bother me is that a lot of code can't be call / test
interactively if any of the special variables are used (unbound
error).

Anyway, I have a simple work around now. This kind of stuff is really
easy with Lisp :-)

Thanks,
-- Mac