[hunchentoot-devel] Re: Boolean Form Fields

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue May 1 13:49:45 UTC 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:23:55 +0300, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo at ttnet.net.tr> wrote:

> Try this handler with "/auth?result=", "/auth?result=nil" URIs. In
> each case, RESULT will return T. So how can I tell /auth that I
> tried to authenticate the client but it's failed? (You may say that,
> just don't pass the `result' argument to URI. But that's not same as
> passing a boolean type of argument with NIL/FALSE value.)

Sorry for the delay.  My take is that the BOOLEAN parameter type of
DEFINE-EASY-HANDLERS was made to work with checkboxes and such as
submitted by browsers.  I agree that it can't work with arbitrary ways
to pass GET parameters, but that's similar to the problem in databases
where in addition to "true" and "false" you also have a "NULL" value.

I'd prefer not to change the existing code, but I'm prepared to be
overruled if several users think it should be changed and come up with
a reasonable alternative.