[hunchentoot-devel] Trying to display test page

Erick Lopez Carreon erick at fsl.org.mx
Tue Feb 6 19:10:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 12:18 -0500, Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> I've installed the hunchentoot server, put in my Lisp lines:
>

> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot-test)
> (hunchentoot:start-server :port 3001)
>

> Now I am trying to figure out how can I display the test page (if I
> don't have a direct connection to my local server and the port 3001).
> If I try to use url like http://www.mydomain.com/lisp/hunchentoot/
> test
> I see the default page of Hunchentoot (with message "You're most
> likely seeing it because the server administrator hasn't set up a
> custom default page yet").
> Any ideas how can I reach the test page?

Hello Andrei:

first part:

I assume you already are using the "Hunchentoot behind a proxy"
configuration.

If you follow the instructions on Hunchentoot page with mod_proxy you
should have something like this:

ProxyPass /lisp http://127.0.0.1:3001/lisp
ProxyPassReverse /lisp http://127.0.0.1:3001/lisp

So you can access the test page with :
http://www.mydomain.com/lisp/hunchentoot/test

If you want access the test page using only
http://www.mydomain.com/lisp/hunchentoot/

Maybe you need use a redirect line in Apache config, or "maybe" modify the
*default-handler*/default-dispatcher code.

Second part:

I do some configuration tests and if i use :

ProxyPass /lisp http://127.0.0.1:3001/lisp
ProxyPassReverse /lisp http://127.0.0.1:3001/lisp

I have exactly the same problem you describe, the problem seems to be the
http://127.0.0.1:3001/lisp parts, try yourself some variations and you see.

The way i got it works well is this:

ProxyPass /hunchentoot http://127.0.0.1:3001/hunchentoot
ProxyPassReverse /hunchentoot http://127.0.0.1:3001/hunchentoot

An then this url ,and the links on it, work:
http://mydomain.test/hunchentoot/test

Hope this helps, and i need to learn more about the proxyPass directives :)

Best Regards!

Erick Ivaan Lopez Carreon -- erick at fsl.org.mx
PGP Key 1024D/9741C03A 2004-11-19
Key fingerprint = 1764 3C6F B433 B2DD 9029  98B1 8E6B 58D3 9741 C03A

Participa en la FUNDACION DE SOFTWARE LIBRE, A.C.

http://www.fsl.org.mx

Somos una asociación civil dedicada a promover, difundir y apoyar el uso
y desarrollo del Software Libre en México.