[hunchentoot-devel] New Hunchentoot version 0.4.0 (aka "good-bye TBNL")

Travis Cross travis at travislists.com
Tue Oct 10 09:19:18 UTC 2006

Edi Weitz wrote:
> Please download, install, play with it, and report problems to the
> list:
>
>   http://weitz.de/files/hunchentoot.tar.gz

The keyword conversion in the easy handler appears to not work
correctly because of a mistaken call to MAKE-KEYWORD with two
parameters in CONVERT-PARAMETER.  It looks like maybe the interface
to make-keyword changed from two parameters to one parameter plus a
keyword argument while refactoring, and this call just slid by.

Your easy handler implementation is, by the way, a fantastic
addition to the library.  This obsoletes a number of less general
macros I'd been using to obtain similar results in my code.  While I
was reading your documentation for define-easy-handler, I kept
thinking to myself, "Wow, you know it'd be great if this also did X"
-- and then, in the  very next paragraph, you would explain exactly
how it does X just as I would have envisioned it.  The macro
delivers on nearly all of the possibilities that its interface
subtly suggests.

Cheers,

-- Travis