[tbnl-devel] tbnl, sbcl and binary uploads: still a problem?

Ignas Mikalajunas ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:02:37 UTC 2006

> If it's not urgent, you should take a look at the Hunchentoot beta
> which is supposed to replace TBNL soon.  I hope the issues with SBCL
> will vanish with this release.  If not, I'd like to know.
>
> See the "Hunchentoot for SBCL..." thread here
>
>   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/tbnl-devel/2006-October/thread.html
>
> and use the second beta announced on October 2.
>
> Cheers,
> Edi.

Hunchentoot beta allows uploading binary files with SBCL 0.9.16.
everything works nicely. Than you very much.

The only part of tbnl that does not play nicely with my setup is the
usage of (load-time-value *load-pathname*) as it is not working with
asdf-binary-locations nicely. I really want my fasl files in the
different place from my lisp files (constant upgrades to sbcl become
more difficult otherwise), but tbnl-test complains about not being
able to find fz.jpg (sbcl it tries to find near fasl files). For my
own libraries i am using #.(or *compile-file-truename*
*load-truename*) which kind of works on sbcl, though i am not 100%
sure it is the right way if it would work on ACL and lispworks (i do
not have these implementations) i can send you the patch.

Ignas