[tbnl-devel] tbnl, sbcl and binary uploads: still a problem?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Oct 4 15:17:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:40:31 -0400, "Graham Fawcett" <graham.fawcett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is anyone still encountering problems with binary uploads using TBNL
> with SBCL and the mod_lisp front-end? I've applied Travis Cross'
> patches to KMRCL and RFC2388.

Probably not relevant in this case, but I think the latest version of
RFC2388 doesn't need patches for SBCL anymore.

> But in spite of the patches, I'm seeing errors when trying to upload
> a binary file to the tbnl-test demo application. For example:
>
> #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "a constant string" {B7C2F69}>
> (:EXTERNAL-FORMAT :UTF-8):
>   the octet sequence
>   (226 227 207) cannot be decoded.
>
> I'm using SBCL 0.9.15 on Linux 2.6; TBNL 0.11.3, KMRCL-1.89, and a
> fresh RFC2388, with the Cross patches applied. *features* and SLIME
> backtrace are below. I'm happy to do more testing/debugging, but
> perhaps someone could help point me in the right direction.

If it's not urgent, you should take a look at the Hunchentoot beta
which is supposed to replace TBNL soon.  I hope the issues with SBCL
will vanish with this release.  If not, I'd like to know.

See the "Hunchentoot for SBCL..." thread here

  http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/tbnl-devel/2006-October/thread.html

and use the second beta announced on October 2.

Cheers,
Edi.