[tbnl-devel] Re: Hunchentoot for SBCL and other Lisps

Travis Cross travis at travislists.com
Sun Oct 1 17:18:13 UTC 2006

Edi Weitz wrote:

>>> LispWorks/Hunchentoot doesn't use KMRCL, so that's the plan for
>>> SBCL and the other Lisps as well.
>> I had a feeling this was on your agenda as well.
>
> OK, here's a quick hack which tries to be a version of Hunchentoot
> which works with SBCL (see below for other Lisps):
>
>   http://weitz.de/files/hunchentoot-sbcl-beta.tar.gz

Fantastic :)  Thanks Edi.

I have this setup, and I'm running through some tests now.

Here's one quick observation:

After killing the workers, STOP-SERVER tries to PROCESS-KILL the
main listener.  The main listener though, as returned in the object
from START-SERVER, is actually a socket, not a thread.

This is the case because START-UP-SERVER in port-sbcl.lisp returns a
socket when START-SERVER is expecting a thread.

The attached patch remedies this, as also takes care of closing the
socket when the thread dies.

Cheers,

-- Travis