[hunchentoot-devel] Other http methods allowed?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Dec 19 14:34:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 01:12:03AM +0100, Edi Weitz wrote:
: On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:00:49 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> wrote:
:
: > I did not see specifically if the other http methods PUT and DELETE
: > are supported.
:
: Hunchentoot has no special support for GET and POST either, or for
: MKCOL, PROPFIND, and so on.  The only method that gets special
: treatment right now is HEAD for obvious reasons.  It is up to the
: application programmer to support certain methods.

As long as it doesn't disallow them, that should be fine.  Then I can just
branch on each method within the general handler for that URL.

: > If not, is it correct to assume they could be easily added?
:
: Depends on the semantics you want to have.  If for example you want to
: write a WebDAV server, there remains quite a lot for you to do.
: Believe me, I once wrote one... :)

Fortunately, it's not quite that bad.  ;-)
I use XMLHttpRequest with those 4 http methods for REST calls.  Can that be
supported without the level of work needed for a WebDAV server?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.