[hunchentoot-devel] Other http methods allowed?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Dec 19 00:12:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:00:49 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> wrote:

> I did not see specifically if the other http methods PUT and DELETE
> are supported.

Hunchentoot has no special support for GET and POST either, or for
MKCOL, PROPFIND, and so on.  The only method that gets special
treatment right now is HEAD for obvious reasons.  It is up to the
application programmer to support certain methods.

> If not, is it correct to assume they could be easily added?

Depends on the semantics you want to have.  If for example you want to
write a WebDAV server, there remains quite a lot for you to do.
Believe me, I once wrote one... :)

Cheers,
Edi.