[tbnl-devel] Re: tbnl bug

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Jun 11 07:24:05 UTC 2004

Hi!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:40:13 +0900, KMP Developer <jc at itsec.co.kr> wrote:

> I'm building my web app using your tbnl and today is day 2 :)
>
> Yesterday I found a bug in process-apache-command
> function(modlisp.lisp).
>
> When url of client browser is invalid(for example:
> "http://localhost/abc???def") the function does nothing(e.g. doesn't
> return any html).

I can't reproduce that here, I get a 404 reply. Are you sure you have
setup httpd.conf correctly such that all localhost URLs are served
through TBNL?

> Based on Apache's behaviour(I'm not a http expert, btw), it should
> return '404 not found' and there should be a way user can add a
> friendly 'not found' page, I think.

You can create your own friendly 404 page if you put a 'catch-all'
handler at the end of the dispatch table

  <http://weitz.de/tbnl/#*dispatch-table*>

or simply change the value of *DEFAULT-HANDLER*

  <http://weitz.de/tbnl/#*default-handler*>

> You may know this problem, and I'd like to ask its fix before I try
> to write one for myself.
>
> Thanks for tbnl

You're welcome.

Please use the mailing list for bug reports, thanks.

Cheers,
Edi.