[tbnl-announce] New version 0.8.0 (Was: URL-DECODE and UTF-8 parameters)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Sep 23 23:43:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:30:55 +0200, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> The right way to do it would be to add a second optional argument
> for the charset to URL-DECODE and make the default value
> user-configurable on a per-request basis.  Does that sound OK?  I'll
> probably add something like this in the next days.

OK, I've done that now - version 0.8.0.  Please try it out yourself.
I've added some examples to test/test.lisp.

There's code in there for LispWorks, AllegroCL and Unicode-SBCL but I
haven't tested with SBCL yet.  Likewise, I only tested with the latest
Firefox and IE on Windows.

Note that the part about "user-configurable on a per-request basis" is
kind of hard becaue URL-DECODE is used when the REQUEST object is
created, i.e. before the user's dispatchers and handlers are called.
Thus the new function RECOMPUTE-REQUEST-PARAMETERS.

For some more info about HTML forms and character sets see this nice
article:

  <http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/form-i18n.html>

ChangeLog:

  Version 0.8.0
  2005-09-24
  Added the ability to cope with different external formats (incorporating suggestions from Will Glozer and Ivan Shvedunov)
  Raw post data is now always saved (so *SAVE-RAW-POST-DATA-P* is gone)

Download:

  <http://weitz.de/files/tbnl.tar.gz>

Cheers,
Edi.