[tbnl-announce] New version 0.3.13 (Was: [tbnl-devel] Running TBNL Standalone)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 12 20:42:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:26:41 -0500, Bob Hutchison <hutch at recursive.ca> wrote:

> While doing this I noticed something a little funny with the dates
> associated with If-modified-since. TBNL (rfc-1123-date) produces
> dates like "Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:49:29 GMT" while Safari produces
> dates like "Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:49:29 GMT" -- same date but you
> can't compare them as strings. If you look at rfc2616 section 3.3.1
> there is an example that has the leading 0 on the day of
> month. Safari produces a header with the leading 0 for
> If-modified-since, so files in the first 9 days of any month will
> never match. FireFox appears to return whatever you send it, so it
> works there. I think this is probably a bug in TBNL.

Thanks for the info, I've uploaded a new version (0.3.13) which fixes
this.

Stefan Scholl provided some additional info which I'll include here:

1. This bug didn't show up before because Apache silently parses and
   rewrites this header.  Only because you sent it through Araneida
   which obviously just lets it through could you see the wrong
   format.

2. While Safari's behaviour is not strictly wrong it doesn't follow
   the recommendation given in the RFC to send the header back exactly
   as received from the server.

Thanks again,
Edi.