[Snow-devel] Slime or other framework for developing Snow

Matus Kmit simply.nitaai at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:34:33 UTC 2011

i've tried to launch snow with a newer version of ABCL (v0.25), but
got the following exception:

Exception in thread "main"
org.armedbear.lisp.Interpreter$UnhandledCondition: Unhandled lisp
condition: The symbol "VARIABLE-
INFORMATION" was not found in package SYS.
        at org.armedbear.lisp.Interpreter$1.execute(Interpreter.java:561)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.LispThread.execute(LispThread.java:653)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.Primitives$pf_apply.execute(Primitives.java:2800)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.Symbol.execute(Symbol.java:801)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.LispThread.execute(LispThread.java:653)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.debug_6.execute(debug.lisp:105)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.CompiledClosure.execute(CompiledClosure.java:124)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.Symbol.execute(Symbol.java:813)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.LispThread.execute(LispThread.java:670)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.debug_7.execute(debug.lisp:114)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.Symbol.execute(Symbol.java:790)
        at org.armedbear.lisp.LispThread.execute(LispThread.java:636)

i read in your tutorial that snow is using a modified version of ABCL.
The version i was trying, was the ordinary one built from sources
downloaded from ABCL website.

Does that mean that i will have to built Snow/ABCL myself with certain
modifications?

Greetings,
Matus