License for Slime

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:57:15 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM Red Daly <reddaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to contribute some code to the project, but my employer
(Google) will only permit you to do so if the project is licensed under an
OSI-approved license (https://opensource.org/licenses). I'm not a lawyer,
but my understanding is that "public domain" code is more complex legally
than code released under one of the OSI licenses.

"SBCL [is] a mixture of BSD-style (for a few subsystems) and public domain
(for the rest of the system)" and Google contributes to that project.
Perhaps you can point them to that case? Hope that helps. I'm not a lawyer
either; I have no idea what would be required to change SLIME's license.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/