slime-autodoc stops working after some time

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:03:40 UTC 2018

Orm,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 2:27 PM Orm Finnendahl
<orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> wrote:
>  thanks a lot, your hint helped to solve the problem: It was related
> to an open break buffer from yesterday. I was unaware that I hadn't
> closed it.
>
> In other words: In slime-autodoc the call to
> (slime-background-activities-enabled-p) returned nil because
> (slime-busy-p) returned t.
>
> Sorry for the noise. It makes total sense but I simply wasn't aware of
> the fact that autodoc isn't executed if break buffers are still
> open. At least next time I know where to look...

The plot thickens. Autodoc shouldn't be affected by that. In fact,
slime-busy-p explicitly checks if pending requests are associated with
SLDB buffers. So, calling slime-rex-continuations on the elisp side
should tell you what's jamming the request queue and stalling
autodoc.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira