Using ANSI colors?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 00:37:20 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Ben Lambert <belambert at mac.com> wrote:
> I just posted an "Issue" on GitHub
> (https://github.com/slime/slime/issues/420), and then saw in the README that
> questions are better directed to this list.  I'm not sure how to search the
> email archives so I'm not sure if this has been asked before.  The question
> (repeated from GitHub) is:

Yeah, I guess we like email better for discussions but posting to both
places doesn't help anyone. :-)

> I've wondered about this for a while. Is it possible to print with ANSI
> colors in a Slime repl buffer?
>
> If I load the cl-ansi-text library from Quicklisp (ql:quickload
> :cl-ansi-text), and I run (cl-ansi-text:yellow "yellow") in the Slime REPL
> the output is: " [33myellow [0m". When I run the same commands directly in
> an SBCL REPL, it prints as expected "yellow" in a yellow color.
>
> Is it possible to use ANSI colors in Slime? Or maybe there's some
> workaround?

<https://github.com/deadtrickster/slime-repl-ansi-color> implements
what you're looking for. If you're comfortable with emacs lisp, you're
quite welcome to send a pull request to implement this functionality
in slime-repl without resorting to defadvice.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/