finding an implementation of SWANK interface

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:36:12 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 1:29 PM, 73budden . <budden73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... Sadly, it had to be reverted because ran into SBCL's compiler lock.
>> Perhaps you can come up with a solution?
>
> No. I'm trying to do some SBCL hacking, but I'm (yet) not experienced
> enough to fix such things.

I wonder if we can play with compute-applicable-method to force
compilation of the interfaces/implementations ahead of time?
<https://github.com/guicho271828/inlined-generic-function> might hold
some tips on how to do that. This might a fun project if you'd like to
explore the MOP.

Martin's idea is promising too.

Regarding your patch, I really dislike defining special variables
without the earmuffs. I've been bitten by such variables in the past
and it's quite annoying and confusing. (defconstant would be slightly
better, but still I'd rather pursue the other two ideas first. :-(

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira
http://kerno.org/~luis/