Getting the source file pathname

Chaitanya Gupta mail at chaitanyagupta.com
Sat Dec 9 20:21:22 UTC 2017

On 10 December 2017 at 01:46, Chaitanya Gupta <mail at chaitanyagupta.com> wrote:
> On 10 December 2017 at 01:35, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Regarding slime-compile-defun, maybe. However, it's not
>> straightforward because we call COMPILE-FILE and LOAD and it's those
>> two functions take care of binding these special variables.
>>
>> For the eval functions, maybe not. They're more akin to calling EVAL
>> on the expression (or typing it out at the REPL). (Try for instance
>> slime-eval-last-expression with this expression: (eval-when
>> (:load-toplevel) (print 'hello)).)
>
> Good point. Perhaps we can bind a symbol in the SWANK package instead?

Just read the hyperspec again and it says: "The consequences are
unspecified if an attempt is made to assign or bind either of these
variables."

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/v_cmp_fi.htm
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/v_ld_pns.htm

So binding the CL variables is not guaranteed to work anyways :-(

Chaitanya