Save & load file

Blake McBride blake at mcbride.name
Wed Jul 15 11:06:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:36 AM, edgar <edgar-rft at web.de> wrote:

> Am Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:15:23 -0500
> schrieb Blake McBride <blake at mcbride.name>:

> > I am surprised this sequence isn't a pre-configured feature of
> > standard slime with a keyboard shortcut.  It is my most used sequence.
>
> Maybe because in 2015 most Common Lisp implementations are
> compilers and not interpreters anymore?

Fine.  In those cases, load compiles anyway.  No necessity to _compile_
before loading.

> To me it looks as if you either do unusual things or have
> an unusual operating system or Common Lisp implementation,
> where both could be a valid explanation.

I gave my exact reasons in another message.

> There's nothing bad in using CL:LOAD, but I can't remember
> a situation from the last ten years where I have used it.

Funny.  I almost always use load.  I only compile when done.  (And I do
understand that many lisp's just compile as they load - but of course, I
don't end up with a bunch of compile files.)