using (in-readtable) to select a readtable

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Thu Jul 9 00:36:43 UTC 2015

> I know Attila (among others) makes heavy use of custom readtables. I
> wonder how he currently deal with those? (I've cc-ed Attila. :-)

there's already a package->readtable mapping in swank.

we use a custom hu.dwim.common:in-package that also sets up the
readtable (our asdf system class makes sure the default package is
hu.dwim.common instead of cl-user or asdf-user when loading a file,
gory details in hu.dwim.asdf).

we also have a (def package ...) that allows for specifying a
readtable setup form for a package that is used by the custom
in-package macro, and also updates the internal swank mapping when the
hu.dwim.def+swank asdf system is loaded.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39