[Slime-devel] Stepping in sbcl when using the Slime debugger.

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 07:44:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 20 2015, Michael Malis wrote:

> Can someone tell me if I am missing something obvious or if it is currently
> is not possible to step after breaking with sbcl and Slime?

There are stepping commands in the sldb buffer:
  s -- sldb-step
  o -- sldb-out
  x -- sldb-next

For SBCL:
  s calls sb-ext:step-into
  o calls sb-ext:step-out
  x calls sb-ext:step-next

And sb-impl::enable-stepping is called automatically by those commands.
So it looks like the commands do something reasonable.

If I add (declare (optimize debug)) to your fib function then the
commands seem work.

Helmut