problem with slime-edit-definition

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue Aug 18 21:31:16 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 18 2015, Helmut Eller wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18 2015, Peter Münster wrote:
>
>   1. start the Lisp process with M-x slime.

Done.

>   2. load the source file into the Lisp process with slime-load-file or
>      a similar command.

I open the file with C-x C-f (buffer is in slime-mode then).
With slime-load-file, the file would be executed and that should be
avoided.

Is it possible, that slime-load-file wasn't needed about one year ago?

Nevertheless, thanks for you answer. I'll use this workaround now:

1.) open the lisp-file
2.) remove first line (#!/usr/bin/sbcl --script)
3.) remove last lines (execution of functions)
4.) slime-load-file the lisp-file
5.) undo 2.) and 3.)

But whenever I add functions to the script, I have to repeat 2.) to 5.),
that's not very comfortable. Or perhaps I should switch to gtags...

Thanks for your efforts,
--
           Peter