slime on github

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Sun Jan 26 20:32:07 UTC 2014

Hello João,

If you recall, I mentioned some error messages that occurred in the
slime *messages* buffer when I tried to load log4cl:

error in process filter: ad-Orig-slime-repl-emit: Text is read-only
error in process filter: Text is read-only

Well, this afternoon I was trying to track down a problem related to
some work I was doing and I went to the *inferior-lisp* buffer and
entered (sb-ext:describe-compiler-policy).
That produced the following error message in the *messages* buffer:

error in process filter: slime-repl-emit: Text is read-only
error in process filter: Text is read-only

If I enter (sb-ext:describe-compiler-policy) in the repl, I get normal
output in the repl.

Do I have some configuration issues, or is there some reason I can no
longer use the *inferior-lisp* buffer for direct entry of lisp commands?

I'm using emacs 23.4.1 and sbcl-1.13 if that's important.

Paul Bowyer