slime on github

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Sat Jan 11 16:15:59 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 03:26 PM, João Távora wrote:
> Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:
>>> Care to describe them? I'd be very insterested.
>> I get several messages when I start slime after checking out the
>> master branch.
>>
>> Connecting to Swank on port 34085..
>> error in process filter: slime-for-each-presentation-in-region:
>> Invalid function: (handle-presentation (presentation point)
> Thanks, I reproduced in emacs 23 and fixed this. Can you confirm?
This morning, I downloaded the latest slime from github. I did the "make
ensure_ert", "make clean" and "make compile" thing, but I did not notice
cl-lib.el before doing "make compile". Since it seemed to be missing, I
started slime in emacs and it seemed to start OK. I exited slime and
emacs then I took another look at the slime folder and this time I
noticed cl-lib.el was present, so I loaded it in my .emacs file and
restarted slime in emacs and again it seemed to start OK.

Is it now OK to run slime without loading cl-lib.el or is it still
necessary to load it? I could not determine a difference when starting
slime without and with it.

I also took a quick look at the changes in the slime manual and notice
one small typo
"git diff HEAD origin/master ChangeLo" in "2.2.2 Git incantations" but
otherwise it seemed OK in my cursory examination.

I experimented some more by starting slime with/without loading
cl-lib.el and I noticed some more messages that were not dependent on
the loading of cl-lib.el.

error in process filter: ad-Orig-slime-repl-emit: Text is read-only
error in process filter: Text is read-only

The messages showed whether or not I loaded cl-lib.el, but I didn't
notice any ill effects when I used some of the slime menu commands.