Moving to GitHub and cl-lib

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:47:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 07 2014, Raymond Toy wrote:

>     João> see: keep using slime!
>
> I will.  Would you accept a patch to fix the test issues I've
> uncovered?  My current hack is too gross, but I can try to come up
> with something cleaner.  Otherwise, continuing to use git slime will
> be a pain to maintain.  I normally only update slime when quicklisp
> does.

I also vote for dropping XEmacs compatibility.

Ray, you are the CMUCL maintainer and I certainly would like to provide
you a working SLIME for that.  But apparently you are the last XEmacs
user.  That's a very small minority.

Overall, I think it's wiser and fairer to spend our time on things other
than XEmacs.

Helmut